The Value of Mentoring
At its most basic level, mentoring gives a young person a sense that there is someone who cares about them. That they are not alone to deal with day-to-day challenges. Mentors provide their mentees with an experienced friend who is there to help in any number of situations.
- Help keep students in school
- Assist with homework
- Help improve a young person’s self-esteem
- Provide mentees with a valuable place to spend free time
- Help young people set career goals and start taking steps to realize them
- Gain social skills leading to better family and peer relationships
- Provide a listening ear
- Be a role model
- Give mentees an opportunity to have fun and be a kid
Do you see yourself in any of these roles? Being a mentor can make a difference in the life of a child. Being a mentor will make a difference in the life of the mentors, too!
Also don’t forget to save the date for the 8th Annual TEES 4 KIDS Golf Scramble Fundraiser @ Franklin County Country Club – 7/14/2017